Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Don't use that tone with me
I try to think of myself as a good wife. My husband is very good at letting me know what annoying things other wives do and I think I'm pretty good at picking up on those clues and I try to avoid practicing those things on him. BUT I have to admit I pulled a typical "wife" mistake the other night. We have been battling with our new baby girl every night to go to sleep. She's been doing better but I still usually end up in her room on the floor so I can babysit her binky-meaning I sit there for an hour putting it back into her mouth after it plops out. Soo, the other night after my dear sweet husband came back from his binky sitting turn, I (half asleep) asked him an annoying question about something I assumed he didn't do right. He in turn said in a VERY unpleasant tone "you are SOOO paranoid about that baby!!!" and I shot out of bed and said "you are such a butthead!" and left to go binky sit. He has no idea how mad I was. I'M still not sure why I was so mad. But nonetheless, there's no worse feeling than guilt so I use my alternative which is anger. To sum up, I might have been in the wrong, I don't want to feel guilty, and I will continue to pretend my husband was the one being a butthead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



At least I know what to get him for Christmas next year--what size underpants fit his head?
ReplyDeleteYou kill me with your "bloggin' noggin'" You did a good job keeping this blog a secret. I think Brian happened to come across it on Dad's blog and thought it was pretty funny.
ReplyDelete