Thursday, February 11, 2010

House hunting

My husband and I are house hunting. It seems really surreal since we have become so accustomed to being poor (from being in school for 8 years). It's strange to have an income and feel like we can actually act like grownups and start spending money. Even though we are financially stable, we both are so used to being broke it seems outrageous to spend more money every month. BUT, we know it's necessary. It's a good investment and I've ALWAYS been taught to buy and not rent by my Dad funnily enough, since we are renting this house from him. hee hee.

Anyway, I think we've decided that we either go really cheap and just buy something do-able for the time being OR spend a little extra and go for what we really want. It's a lot more fun to think about what I really want so this is it...
A Big fat kitchen
A big fat kitchen that's connected to a great room (so we can entertain easily)
3 car garage (my husband's wants more than mine)
Enough space for the kids to have someplace to play without messing up the entire house
Not too close to the lake since it stinks and has mosquitos


I've been watching house hunters on HGTV and it's kind of fun because people have really high budgets yet they are buying small homes. Right now there are a lot of HUGE homes on short sales for really cheap here in Utah. I just want to thank all the starry eyed people who keep borrowing huge amounts of money without having any to pay it back. It's benefiting us really nicely right now. $8,000 credit+super huge homes for cheap+low interest rates=happy us.

1 comment:

  1. Make sure your house has a big basement and office so I can mooch of your hospitality while we visit this summer.

    ReplyDelete